Inaugural Race into Reading!
Click on the following link to make an online donation
Enter your student’s name on the red box that says “find your student” and follow the instructions. Thank you for your donation!
On Friday, March 8th, 2019 the entire school will participate in our first annual Race Into Reading. This is a jog-a-thon style event and our main fundraiser of the year. This year the PTA is sponsoring the event, meaning that 100% of funds raised will stay at Clear View. This fun filled event will help raise money to directly support, enhance, and enrich the school’s curriculum by updating technology in the classrooms such as laptops and digital libraries. This fundraiser will also help complete the library transformation which is already well underway thanks to your donations.
During their designated time, students will walk around the grass field at the bottom of the school campus. Each participant will raise funds by asking sponsors to contribute a donation to the Clear View Elementary School PTA . Students will have an opportunity to earn special incentives and prizes based on their participation in the Race Into Reading.
Specific instructions and guidelines are contained in the attached material. Please join us at this very special event to help cheer on our students. We look forward to seeing you on March 8th for the first annual Race Into Reading!
What is the Race Into Reading?
• Race Into Reading is an annual jog-a-thon that involves our students walking and/or jogging around the grass field for 20 minutes.
• The success of Race Into Reading is based on students bringing in the names of people who are potential sponsors for the jog-a-thon.
• This is NOT a “house-to-house” fundraiser; it is all done by filling in a label sheet of names.
• Potential sponsors may be family members near and far, friends, and neighbors.
What are we raising money for?
• To help enhance the school’s curriculum we will use funds raised to update technology in the classrooms such as laptops and digital libraries.
• It will help complete the library transformation which is well underway thanks to your donations.
• This year the PTA is sponsoring the event, which means 100% of funds raised will stay at Clear View.
When is the Race Into Reading?
• The Race is Friday, March 8, from 9:15-11:15 am. Parents are welcome to attend and cheer on our students.
Where is the Race Into Reading?
• The Race will take place at the Clear View Elementary School.
How can I help?
• Parent involvement is key to the success of this event.
• You can help your child identify family, friends, and neighbors as potential sponsors.
• You can help the Race Committee prepare the sponsor mailings.
• You can volunteer on Race day to cheer on the children as they walk or pass out snacks and drinks after they are finished walking.
- The teacher of the classroom who raises the most money will receive a $500 Scholastic Credit and the class will win a class party!
- Classrooms with 100% participation (no matter how much money) will receive a $50 Scholastic credit.
- The student who raises the most money in our school will win an apple iPad! 2nd place will receive 2 Silver Annual Passports to Sea World San Diego and 3rd place will receive a 2 month membership to Ninja Factory.
- Students who raise $10+ will receive a fun bookmark.
- Students who raise $20+ will receive a bouncing balloon + $10 tier prize.
- Students who raise $30+ will receive slime +$20 + $10 tier prizes.
- Students who raise $40+ will receive a magic pen +$30 +$20 + $10 tier prizes.
- Students who raise $50+ will receive a special edition Clear View T-shirt +$40 + $30 +$20 + $10 tier prizes.